About Trullo San Paolo
Found in the countryside surrounding Ceglie Messapica, Trullo San Paolo is a peaceful retreat in the heart of Puglia. The 250 year old Trullo was lovingly restored back in 2016 and sits in a 2 hectare garden, surrounded by 250 olive and almond trees, bountiful mediterranean plants, myrtle trees and cacti. Our land, enclosed by beautiful dry stone walls, is secluded and incredibly tranquil. Situated at the end of a lovely country lane, there is no passing traffic - ever!
The 4 Cone Trullo houses a bedroom, a small library and an open fireplace. Hand built in local stone, the high vaulted ceilings keep the rooms cool, even in summer. The floors throughout the property are made from Puglian stone and, for the cooler months, have underfloor heating.
The attached main house has 3 large double bedrooms (one with twin beds), 2 bathrooms, a laundry room (with WC) and a large fully fitted kitchen with an arched ceiling and wooden double doors opening out onto the terrace, gardens and swimming pool. There are two Myrtle trees on the terrace, both over 100 years old, that provide lovely shade as do the two pergolas at either end of the pool. In addition, there is an annex on the other side of the pool that has two more double bedrooms and a bathroom.
The house sleeps 12 people, has an outside BBQ area, seating for 20 under the pergola, a large car park, Wi Fi throughout, sun loungers and comfortable seating areas dotted around the terraces. The house provides fresh linen sheets, linen bath towels, poolside towels and daily cleaning (if requested). All guests will be met by a housekeeper who will explain the running of the house and make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Puglia is a rural place, dotted with picturesque white towns on hilltops, famous for their beauty, their food and their friendliness. Trullo San Paolo sits between Ceglie Messapica and Ostuni (the White City), only 10 mins from both but also close to Cisternino, Locorotondo, Martina Franca and the "Trullo Town" of Alberobello. So, from a rural retreat it is easy to reach the lively towns famous for their wonderful cafes, world class restaurants and stunning views. Puglia offers so much for everyone. Lecce is only an hour away. Called Florence of the South, the city is filled stunning Baroque architecture, bustling restaurants, bars and squares. Numerous beaches are only 20 minutes away. Each town has a weekly market selling locally produced food, olive oil, crafts and antiques. There are many activities that can be organised - cycling, walking, wind surfing, wine tours, food tours. Puglia is the perfect place for a holiday!
Main House with attached Trullo:
- Bedroom One – Kingsize bed (160 x 190), wardrobe, chest of drawers with doors opening onto terrace with its own seating area. Has its own separate shower room/WC
- Bedroom Two – Kingsize bed (160 x 190), wardrobe, chest of drawers
- Bedroom Three – Twin beds, wardrobe
- Bathroom with shower and WC
- Laundry room with clothes washer and dryer and WC
- Spacious open plan fully fitted kitchen with large fridge/freezer, hob/oven, large dining table with 12 chairs, sofa
- Trullo - Bedroom 4 – Queen size bed (140 x 190), wardrobe, chest of drawers, door onto terrace. The Trullo also has a small library and fireplace
Additional accommodation (on the other side of the swimming pool):
- Bedroom 5 – Queen size bed (140 x 190), small wardrobe
- Bedroom 6 – Queen size bed (140 x 190)
- Bathroom with shower and WC
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor BBQ area
- 8 Sun loungers
- Outside dining table and built-in seating under large pergola, seats 20
- Second pergola with casual seating
- 3 Highchairs, 1 cot, 1 travel cot
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board, iron, hairdryer
- Fully fitted alarm
- Air conditioning in every room (except Trullo which doesn’t need it!)
- Underfloor heating for winter
- Wi Fi in all rooms and outside
- Large car parking area
- Irrigation/Sprinkler system for the garden
- 500m2 of grass, 250 Olive and Almond trees, Cacti, Mediterranean plants
- Linen bedding in every room
- Bath towels and pool towels provided (Beach towels not included)
- Midweek or daily cleaning on request (notice required in advance)
- Babysitting on request (notice required in advance)
- Chef services on request (notice required in advance)
- Airport transfer on request (notice required in advance)